Involve Kids Team Member (Nursery & Pre-School)
If you love kids, this is the ministry for you. Our Involve Kids team has the opportunity to share God’s love in a direct and tangible way. You have the option of working with many different age ranges. No experience is necessary-just a willingness to serve.
CHURCH MISSION STATEMENT: “To involve people in an authentic relationship with Jesus.”
INVOLVE KIDS MISSION STATEMENT: “We exist because every moment with a child is an opportunity to develop their relationship with Jesus.
REPORTS TO: Involve Kids Director POSITION TYPE: Part Time / Volunteer (2-3hrs/week)
GOAL: The Involve Kids Group Leader will prayerfully build relationships with children and their parents, and guide them in life-changing Bible learning.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Desire to grow in faith and commitment to God and participate in personal Bible study an prayer.
- Worship regularly with the church family.
- Involved in a regular Life Group
- Pray regularly for each child and others on your teaching team.
- Participate in scheduled leaders’ meetings.
- Participate in at least one training event during the year.
- Express needs as a leader to Involve Kids Director.
Sunday Morning Responsibilities
- Arrange materials and area to create an effective learning environment
- Greet each child upon arrival and involve him or her in conversation and meaningful
- If the child is new, introduce yourself and also say “hello” to the parents and explain a little
about what you will be doing for the day to put them at ease.
- Model the love of Christ by getting to know children and sharing their concerns, needs, and
- Guide learning by:
- Being well prepared to use Bible stories, verses/passages, questions, and comments appropriate to the age level in order to accomplish the lesson aims;
- Selecting a variety of Bible learning activities and encouraging each student to actively participate in each lesson;
- Participating with children in learning activities and in large-group times.